The process of transfer will usually takes 4 to 6 weeks. Initially we will undertake the necessary searches, and provide legal advice.The process may also include:
- checking for encumbrances and any restrictions on the property
- Making sure special conditions mentioned in the contract are complied with
- rates, land tax and water consumption charges are paid by the appropriate party
- arranging for the payment of fees and charges and government duties
- preparation of legal documents
- for the purchaser, liaising with banks and financial institutions
- for the vendor, liaising with banks and financial institutions for settlement and discharge of mortgages
- arranging final settlement.
Leyden Legal is fully integrated with the Property Exchange Australia (PEXA) platform and will ensure that your conveyancing needs are undertaking expertly and efficiently, making the process as stress free as possible.